Being your best self


Being your best self 


Being your best self is not easy because no one is perfect. I have epilepsy and I live with this health condition everyday however, it doesn’t stop me living my life the best I can. Being my best self can be a challenge but that’s normal. Write down a few things that pull you out of a shit hole. Anti self is to recognise them. So, how do we do that? Write down traits you think you are take a look and does your anti self behave in a certain way? This will help you love who you are. Write 5 situations in detail. Now, ask yourself how can you take better control of the situation. We are not perfect so be kind to yourself more each day if you can. 

Exercises: Self affirmations 

  • Look I the mirror or your phone. Typically, when we look in the mirror, we are purely looking at our aesthetics. 
  • What do you see? Who are you? What are some things that you truly love about yourself? Think of the words that describes you but not how the world sees you. Do you see a loving, kind, caring person? Use positive words that are true about you. 
  • The ego inside of you may make this difficult in that it might make you drift away from te positive attributes and towards negative aspects. You might think something positive “I’m a loving person,” but then you might thinking “yeah, but if people really get to know you you’re not that lovable.” Be aware of these negative thoughts. 
  • Write down 5-10 truths about yourself, starting with the phrase of “I am 
(Fill in blank)
Now say in the mirror these sentences out loud to yourself. 

Turn down the noise 
These days there are so much covid-19 all over the tv news almost every where we look. We must be careful what we consume daily. Take care of our body and minds. It’s like food got to nourish the body with the right type of food each day. It’s very easy to let all that noise keep us from getting what we want and from staying clear in our minds. This is why I have become careful of what content I allow into my own life daily. We need to nourish our minds, not inundate it with junk content that doesn’t serve us. As it can trigger anxiety for some of us. 

Could your daily routine blocking your success?
Your routine, and especially your morning routine, can either help you or hinder your mission to be a better self. With some adjustments, you can create a routine and a positive rhythm that helps you make this alignment much easier to achieve. For example I wake up make my coffee and by 7am I am meditating so I can handle my day in a positive attitude. 
Let’s start by waking up at a certain time that is ideal to you for example I wake up around 6-6:30am I have alarm on my phone set daily. 

Plug into the power of rituals 
 
watch the video below to do some of these exercises.



No matter what we need to embrace who we are regardless. 

  • You might value being creative, having variety at what you do. 
  • Perhaps you enjoy the trappings and stimulation of city life, and you are happy to work on the city. 
  • Maybe you prefer a quiet lifestyle.
  • It might be it your thing to live out of town where you can raise your own chickens.
  • Maybe you don’t want to be tied to one place because you value adventure. 
Whatever it is believe in yourself and listen to your heart the kind of person you want to be. 

Lori from Lifesuccessnz xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self care and love towards yourself

How to be your best self

My story - updated